Friday, May 3, 2013

Why wouldn't it work this month?

So I've done some math. I did it more to track our number of TTC cycles (to input when submitting a chart to Fertility Friend) and it has really made me think.

Counting our three miscarriages we have been successful in getting pregnant 3 times in the 7 cycles we tried. Most of our unsuccessful cycles were between our 2nd and 3rd miscarriage. The first two pregnancies happened on our first try. Pretty unbelievable, right?

Those odds are good. So why shouldn't it work this time with Clomid? I hate statistics but this one begs to be calculated.

We have a 43% success rate in getting pregnant overall. That's much higher than the 15% monthly chance someone my age generally has. I know that isn't comparing apples to apples but it is still worth mentioning.

I'm taking this as a positive. IF we got pregnant this cycle we would have a 50% TTC success rate... If next month it would be 44%.

Perhaps I am grasping at straws here. Can you blame me? I haven't peed on a stick since Wednesday. I am blaming the 'pee on a stick' withdrawal for this madness.

It's looking like I'll be testing tomorrow morning.

My, how things change in a matter of hours.

Rainbow: I found a statistic I like.
Rainshower: This statistic could ultimately become less and less favorable as the months go by. I may grow to hate that actually did this math.

No comments:

Post a Comment