Monday, March 25, 2013

Me, The Human Pin Cushion

I had blood drawn today.  To confirm that I am not pregnant.  It's office protocol.

Another blood test.  As I was leaving the office it occurred to me that I no longer have a phobia of needles in the least bit. 

When I had my first blood draw I was 17 or 18 and terrified.  I only had my blood drawn a few times in my 20's and was almost as terrified.  Now that I am in my 30's I feel like a human pin cushion.  It really doesn't even bother me anymore either.  It is like flying I guess.  I was terrified about that in the beginning too.  I didn't fly at all when I was young and only took my second flight while in college.  Now I have a frequent flier account.  I have no fear while flying much like I have no fear of the blood draw.

I'm not modest in the least anymore at the doctors office either.   I've had more transvaginal ultrasounds than I can count.  Not to mention my HSG and sonohystogram.  I'm viewing this all as practice and preparation for a real-life pregnancy.  I will be bulletproof soon.

If you couldn't tell, I'm looking for my silver-lining because I am a little down right now.  I'm not sure what it is but I'm consumed with all-things-pregnant these days.  youtube, babycenter, pinterest, blogger, maternity clothes.  I am obsessed.

I assume I will get a call from the doctor tomorrow with the results and next steps.  I half expect him to want to see me in his office for an appointment to talk about what the heck happened during my first clomid cycle.  I sort of already know what happened - the provera messed me up.

I'm looking forward to what tomorrow will bring.

Rainbow:      My hormones are finally under control again.  The clomid has left my system, just in time for an awful cold to settle in.
Rainshower:  It is unfortunate that I have to look for these silver-linings month after month.









No comments:

Post a Comment