Saturday, August 18, 2012

Next Steps


After a difficult follow up appointment with my Reproductive Endocrinologist I’ve had a couple of days to think about moving forward.  My husband and I have a talked over a plan based on the appointment and considering the possibility that I have a mild case of hypothyroidism.  Here it is.
1.     Thyroid testing –
I have an appointment with my primary care physician on August 28.  At that appointment I will pour it on thick to get the testing I want.  I want a FULL workup of my thyroid – TSH, T3, T4, Thyroid Antibodies.  I will let the doctor know how much I’ve been through in the last year and how much I have been let down by both my OBGYN and RE and hope for his sympathy.  If that doesn’t work I will be laying on the tears.  That should do it.   After all, I DO have hypothyroid symptoms.  With the results I will:
·      Compare my TSH test from a couple years ago to the December 2011 test and the new test to see if it has risen.
·      IF my T3, T4 or antibodies are abnormal, or my TSH has risen, I will be looking for a referral to a Endocrinologist to consider treatment.
·      IF my TSH levels haven’t risen and T3, T4 and antibodies test normal I will consider it a non-issue (for now at least).
2.     Clomid -
After the thyroid testing and when we try again I will be taking Clomid to help speed up the process and hopefully get a fully developed egg.  (My RE suggested this so that it doesn’t take another 6 cycles to conceive next time)
·      My husband really wants to give this a try.   He thinks that if I drop two eggs and both are fertilized we have a better shot at seeing one of them to term.
3.     Prometrium –
I will also be taking Prometrium after ovulation in case I have a luteal phase defect and to help make my uterus extra inviting.

Rainbow:        If feel better knowing that we have a plan now.
Rainshower:   It stinks to have to look for a rainbow after a terrible rainshower (my Reproductive Endocrinologist appointment).  This process is exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment