Sunday, July 29, 2012

An Epiphany?


Thanks to some ladies at an online support group I think I just might have an idea what might be causing my miscarriages.  Apparently in 2003 the normal range for your thyroid level (TSH) was changed from 0.3-5.0 to 0.3-3.0.  My level was 4.34.  Some doctors like to see women that are trying to conceive/stay pregnant with levels below 2.5.  I found an article titled “New Research Indicates Higher Risk for Miscarriage in Pregnant Women with Thyroid Test Levels on High End of Normal which sums it up nicely.  This is something that I will be bringing up with my RE at an upcoming appointment.  

The hardest part of this journey is the ‘why’ & ‘what is wrong’ & ‘everything is normal’.  Regardless of whether or not my elevated TSH level is a contributing factor to my miscarriages it is at least a step in the right direction.  I feel refreshed, motivated and hopeful today which is in stark contrast to the worry that was setting in last night.

Rainshower:      I may have a thyroid issue
Rainbow:          I am actually happy I may have a thyroid issue, crazy, isn’t it?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment