Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Lupron. The easiest of the IVF meds.

I began Lupron on Saturday.  I have had 4 doses so far without any noticeable side effects or complaints.

I now await my period so I can go in for a baseline ultrasound which will hopefully give us the "all clear" to move ahead with stimulation.  

Gonal-F is in my future hopefully.  225 units too.  That is a LOT of Gonal- F for me.  My last follistim IUI cycle only used 37.5 units.  Gosh, that needle is going to be inside me for awhile as I slowly press the plunger.  Eeek.

I'm not going to stress about it though.  I am content at the moment and am enjoying it.  I am trying to take things as they come and not look too far ahead a freak myself out.  So far that is working.  

I still wonder though, for scheduling purposes, when my retrieval will be and how I will be feeling leading up to the procedure.  I suppose I am preparing myself for a decent level of discomfort in my abdomen from my pleasantly plump ovaries.

I am crossing my fingers that I don't bloat to the point that I look pregnant.  That would be annoying.  But whatever.  If looking 4 months pregnant will bring us closer to a take home baby,  I will gladly endure the strange looks and water cooler gossip about me.   I don't care what anyone thinks anyway.  

I guess I just want to be as comfortable and stress free as possible. 

Things are great today.

No comments:

Post a Comment