Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Anovulation Over - Into IVF.



I am on CD 4 today.  We are moving along now! 

Admittedly, I cheated. 

During the last cycle, on CD 25, I began taking progesterone supplements to fool my body into thinking I ovulated.  Tisk, tisk, I know.  Considering that I have NEVER made it to CD 25 without ovulating, that the anovulatory cycle was immediately preceding our IVF cycle (impatient girl) and that I had no idea how long the cycle would go on, I took matters into my own hands.  I had progesterone left over from my previous RE and I used it without remorse.

Yup. 
I cheated. 
I didn’t tell the doctor I cheated either. 
Slap my hand. 
I don’t care. 
This girl was impatient.

This girl can now plan ahead.  And plan I did.  I have hypothetical dates all drawn up.  Now I can relax and let the plan fall by the wayside as they normally do.  But at least I have a framework to work from now.

Why does a plan matter?  Well.  Summer is fast approaching.   We have a wedding out of state that I need to buy plane tickets for.  If all goes well we will be able to make it – if not things could get dicey.

Oh, the joys of trying to make a baby.  Life tends to revolve around it unfortunately.

Here’s my hypothetical calendar.  Let’s see how it all works out in the end, shall we?

Luteal Lupron IVF Protocol:
  CD 20                   4/25, Fri               Bloodtest to confirm ovulation
  CD21                    4/26, Sat              Begin Lupron (10 units for at least 10 days)
~CD32                   5/7, Wed               Baseline ultrasound and bloodwork (delayed if period has not yet started)

If baseline is clear and bloodwork is alright:
~CD32                   5/7, Wed             Begin Gonal-F (225 units each night)
          Reduce Lupron to 5 units            
~CD37                   5/13, Tues           Bloodtest (after 5 days of stimming)
~CD37-39                                         Continue stimming
~CD39-44             CD42: 5/17, Sat  The average length of stimulation is 7-12 days

Once appropriate response in reached:
~CD42                   5/17, Sat              Ovidrel around midnight (exact time from office)
~CD44                   5/19, Mon           Egg Retrieval
~CD49                   5/24, Sun             5 Day transfer
~CD56                   5/31, Sat              7dpt (test)
           Due: 2/19/2015
           13 weeks: 8/4/14 (convenient date for travel)

No comments:

Post a Comment