Monday, December 10, 2012

Pregnancy announcements -Act One, Take Two

It wasn't that long ago that I wrote about the onslaught of pregnancy announcements and here I am back at it again.

I'd like to first say that I AM very happy for these people, but it does sting.

There has been THREE pregnancy announcements in less than a week. It has been a bad week for this to occur considering the discovery of my uterine polyp and the subsequent surgery it will require.

The first one was the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Yes- I'm counting it because it has been reported everywhere since it was announced WHILE I WAS MEETING WITH MY RE TO DISCUSS MY POLYP & SURGERY.

The second one was my High School friend who is pregnant with her third living child. She will have 3 under 3 by the time this one is born.  I feel very happy for her especially considering her first child was stillborn.

The third, the icing on the cake for me was my old boyfriend and his wife. That one was the biggest punch in the stomach not only because it's my ex, which I still talk to (his wife too), but because they announced it via Christmas Card Photo.  She was holding up a onesie on the inside of the card as a surprise to everyone. It really knocked the wind out of me.

What makes this worse is that there is SO many celebrities who are pregnant or just had a baby. I can't escape the announcements, no matter where I go.

I'm having a pity party about it all.

I'm still a year away from a baby. And I'm still gutted about that.

Rainbow: At least ill be able to try again soon after my polyp removal surgery.

Rain shower: This time of year is always hard on me, baby or no, pregnant or not.  Can it be April yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment