Monday, February 16, 2015

IVIG wheels are in motion

The wheels have been placed in motion for IVIG and now I finally have a little less to worry about and fewer phone calls to make.  Unfortunately, IVIG will be an out-of-pocket expense but we are incredibly fortunate to have infertility coverage so IVF will be covered.  I really cannot complain, especially being as fortunate as we have been in these last few years.  I would hate to imagine what our out-of-pocket expenses would have been if we didn't have coverage and if we didn't have the coverage we probably wouldn't be on the road we are finally on.  We have saved an incredible amount of money with our infertility coverage so I just need to suck it up.   

Is it ideal to pay out pocket? No.

Will it be a strain?  Yes, to an extent.

Will I regret the decision to follow the doctors' recommendation?  Never.

I owe it to my future-self to try.  I need to be able to look back, 10 years from now, and be satisfied
with the steps we have taken to have a family.  I want no regrets.  I want no "we should haves" or "we could haves."  You cannot put a price on peace of mind.

Thankfully, right now I have peace of mind.  I feel well cared for among the entire team of doctors that are looking after me.  I feel supported by my family.  I feel supported by my husband.  Overall I feel good about where we are and where we are headed.

I can finally breathe easy for a few days until I need to figure our IVF schedule and where IVIG falls into the mix.  It's hard to know when to schedule IVIG when there are so many factors at play in IVF that put a wrench in a treatment schedule.  It's a tough spot to be in but that is a worry for next week, not this week.  One thing at a time.  One day at a time.

Today I am Zen.

No comments:

Post a Comment