Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I Survived the Holidays, Thank Goodness

Admittedly, I'm typically the bah-humbug type during the holidays.  This year it has been a little different.  A bit nicer for a change.  I'm very pleased to have typed that and meant it.

I think that a number of factors have contributed to my better mood this year.  Part of it, I know, is from the simple fact that last Christmas was just SO miserable for me because I was still reeling from my second and most devastating miscarriage.  Nothing could have been worse last Christmas.  It was the worst Christmas of my life.  No exaggeration.

The other factor that has lifted my mood, and let Christmas not be the end of the world this year, is the fact that I am so genuinely happy with my team of Doctors.  After looking back at some of my old posts, when I was so unhappy with my doctors, I can truly appreciate how different everything is right now and that supportive Doctors can really make a HUGE difference.  At least it has for me.  I may not be pregnant and not even allowed to actively try again yet but I am in such a better place in all areas of my life.  Don't get me wrong - not everything is perfect, but just better.

I'll take it.  Whatever has changed, for whatever factors allowed this to happen I am grateful.  Strength is something that I have always had.  I think the Universe knew that my strength was almost gone and the stars aligned to bring me a little relief when I needed it the most.

Rainbow:       The new year brings new hope.
Rainshower:   I'm sure this bah-humbug-free holiday season was just a fluke.  Next years' holidays are sure to be bah humbug 
                     yet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment