Thursday, December 18, 2014

Immunology Testing Complete (awaiting results)

What a whirlwind this last 6 weeks have been.  I picked a Reproductive Immunologist (Alan E. Beer Center for Reproductive Immunology & Genetics).  I had an endometrial biopsy last week.  I've also had 22 tubes of blood taken and sent to the immunology lab along with my husbands blood.  I hosted a baby shower at my house.  I've started a new job. I hosted Thanksgiving Dinner.  I've finished my Christmas shopping.  I've watched my very pregnant new co-worker mosey around the office.  I've learned that my other coworkers wife is also pregnant.  

Now I wait. 

I wait 3 weeks or so until the tests are in and the doctor reviews them. I will have a phone consultation to talk about any findings/recommendations and we will go from there.

Now I wait.  I am not good at this part.

Have I ever mentioned my husbands refuctance to all things medical and especially needles?  It has made the last 3.5 years challenging.  However, I must say that he handled his bloodwork like a champ this time around.  I am quite proud.  He was adorned with a nice bracelet while at the lab.  Neon orange is not his color but it did the job and he avoided any falling injuries.



Rainbow:       The tests are behind us.  What a relief!
Rainshower:   We have to wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment