Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Another Day. Another Lab Mixup

It seems as if I am on a hamster wheel with these blood tests.  My blood was drawn but no one at the lab informed me that there was a consent form that I needed to complete before they could pass along the tests to my Doctor.

The Beer Center emailed me the form that was then faxed to the lab twice.  More delays.  More drama.  More phone calls.  More trust issues.

The phone calls DID reveal that my results will take about two weeks before they are in the hands of the Doctor.  That means it will be at least two more weeks until my consultation with The Beer Center.  Two long weeks!  I am starting to get a little anxious to hear our fate.  I am starting to get a little antsy about how long we have been sidelined by all of this testing.  I started down this Reproductive Immunology path in October, in earnest.  It will be February before we have our results. 

The problem with this is that I expected to have the consult in early January.  Admittedly, this is not the fault of the Beer Center.  They have been great.  They are responsive, helpful and speedy.  This is MY fault and the fault of the labs.  This is why I have trust issues.  This is why I follow up and annoy people.  It is situations like this that remind me that I need to hand hold.  Just when I think people have it under control and I become lax in the hand holding they prove it necessary.  Ugh.

Hopefully, when we finally have our consult we will learn something new - Something we didn't already know.  Something treatable.  Something tangible.  Something better than 'I don't know.'

Here's to hoping for something to be wrong rather than nothing, as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment